The Optical and Electronic Technologies group addresses several topics within its activities of research, development and consulting.
The main achievements in 2013 were:
- Experimental evaluation of optimum modulation formats for pico-cellular access networks based on resonant tunneling diodes
- Experimental evaluation of a differential GPS-over-fiber system for aircraft attitude determination, and its demonstration using a test-bed deployed on a moving vehicle
- Self-similar solitary solutions for the propagation of pulses in gas-filled hollow-core photonic crystal fibers that includes a plasma induced nonlinearity
- Development and validation of a functionally complete prototype of a transparent binary acceleration infrastructure for self-adaptive, heterogeneous embedded systems
- First a-GIZO differential amplifier and an almost all digital MPPT, with single electrical variable measurements
The research topics can be divided in five main categories: